Human Trafficking Resources
The Samaritan Women is passionate about educating the community on the realities of sex trafficking, how to protect the vulnerable, and how to engage the Church.
The Samaritan Women offers these resources to encourage you to use YOUR VOICE to advocate against sexual exploitation. This is a national problem, and it will take each of us doing our part in our own communities to raise awareness and solicit change. We invite you to use these resources as a way to take your next step in learning more about this issue.
For more information on how to equip your church, request trainings, and implement these resources, please contact Jasmyne Cummings at email@example.com
HUMAN TRAFFICKING HOTLINE
- Human Trafficking Hotline Flyer
Hang flyers in bathrooms and on community bulletin boards.
- Human Trafficking Hotline Pocket Card
Keep cards in wallet to raise awareness and conduct outreach.
- Referral Directory
Map of anti-trafficking organizations that offer victim services as well as those that provide resources in the anti-trafficking field.
HUMAN TRAFFICKING REPORTS AND STATISTIC
- 2019 Data Report | U.S. National Human Trafficking Hotline
- 2019 Federal Human Trafficking Report
- Human Trafficking Among Homeless Youth | Covenant House | 2017 Study
Interested in learning more? Register for our training: Sex Trafficking in America: Let’s Start the Conversation
Explore the drop-down menus below for human trafficking books, documentaries, and websites.
|Survivor Memoirs & Human Trafficking Books|
|PAID FOR: My Journey Through Prostitution by Rachel Moran|
|Girls Like Us: Fighting for a World Where Girls are Not for Sale, an Activist Finds Her Calling and Heals Herself by Rachel Lloyd|
|Stolen: The True Story of a Sex Trafficking Survivor by Katariina Rosenblatt and Cecil Murphey|
|The Slave Next Door: Human Trafficking and Slavery in America Today by Kevin Bales and Ron Soodalter|
|Half the Sky: Turning Oppression Into Opportunity for Women Worldwide by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn|
|Sex Trafficking Prevention: A Trauma-Informed Approach for Parents and Professionals by Savannah Sanders|
|Human Trafficking Documentaries and Films|
|Sex Trafficking in America (55 mins) This Frontline documentary follows one police unit committed to rooting out sexual exploitation.|
|What Happened to the Girl Next Door (52 mins) Documentary about the realities of sex trafficking in America|
|The Making of a Girl (5 mins) A first-person perspective of an American youth facing sexual exploitation|
|Very Young Girls (1 hr 21 mins) The story of a group of girls prostituted in NYC as early as the age of 12 (warning – explicit language)|
|I am Jane Doe (available on Vimeo) The battle American mothers waged on behalf of their middle-school daughters, victims of sex-trafficking on Backpage.com.|
|Human Trafficking and Exploitation Services|
NCOSE (National Center on Sexual Exploitation) provides a list of resources and service providers for survivors and victims of sexual exploitation.
HopeWorks is Howard County Maryland’s Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Center. They provide emergency care, transitional housing, counseling services, legal services and more.
Find a service provider in your area and see how you can help! This map provides information on shelters across the United States dedicated to serving survivors of human trafficking.
ENGAGE IN PREVENTION: What can you do today?
TALK TO KIDS:
Most victims of exploitation don’t understand what’s happening to them. Help children understand the realities of sex trafficking so they can stay safe and look out for friends. Use the resources below to start the conversation.
- Sex Trafficking Prevention | Parents’ Guide | Covenant House
- Youth Talking Points | Downloadable Postcard | Covenant House
- How to Talk to Kids About Trafficking | TRUST
- “Rock the Talk” by The Mama Bear Effect – How to talk to kids about body safety, abuse, and sex: Infants and Toddlers; Grade School; Teens and Tweens
Register for our training: Vulnerable Youth: Identifying Predators and Protecting Children
EQUIP YOUR CHURCH:
Create a culture of safety and transparency by educating your staff and community about sexual abuse and trafficking. Put safeguards in place, teach sermons about abuse, and bring training to your congregation.
- Develop a safe culture Pastoral Response Wheel | Safe Havens
- Host a “Freedom Sunday.” Included in this packet are prayers, sermon starters, and calls to action “Freedom Sunday” Packet
- Teach sermons about abuse Sermons on Domestic and Sexual Violence | Safe Havens
- Learn from survivors and Christian advocates 2019 ERLC Caring Well Conference | Equipping Churches to Confront Abuse
- Put safeguards in place G.R.A.C.E. – Godly Response to Abuse in Christian Environments
Interested in learning more? Join The Shepherd Project Speaker Series to receive tools and training from experts on how the Church can respond to sexual abuse
Register for our training: The T.A.M.A.R. Method: Ministering to Victims of Sexual Trauma