Fight Human Trafficking Boxing Event
For over a decade, The Samaritan Women (TSW) has offered comprehensive, Christ-centered care for victims of domestic sex trafficking. Our trauma-informed residential care program has met each young woman where she is in the healing process. We offer training programs for allied professionals and frontline responders to improve victim identification while conducting research on this emerging field to build up a national understanding of the victims services landscape. In 2018 we launched The Samaritan Women Institute for Shelter Care, specifically to address the lack of access victims have to qualified care providers. We have embarked on a 5-year project to train and mentor 25-30 new shelter programs across the country to serve the unique needs of victims of trafficking.
Title Boxing Club of Owings Mills is partnering with TSW to raise awareness and funds to support TSW’s vision “that any survivor, anywhere in the nation, would have access to qualified, compassionate care.” Kick off Human Trafficking Awareness Month by getting an amazing workout to “Fight Human Trafficking”!
Date: Saturday January 4th, 2020
Time: 12:00pm – 2:15pm, class begins at 12:30pm
Location: Title Boxing Club of Owings Mills: 10200 Grand Central Ave. #104, Owings Mills, MD 21117
Parking: There is free parking in both parking garages in the shopping center. You can park in the garage behind Title Boxing Club adjacent to World of Beer or you can park in the Library garage.
- 15 min. Introduction
- 75-minute boxing session (including warmup and cool down)
- Twelve 3 minute rounds of boxing led by experienced boxing instructors
- Glove rental provided by Title Boxing Club
The Boxing Experience
- NO BOXING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- Each of the 12 rounds during the workout involves self-paced movement on a heavy bag, including punches and punch combinations under the coaching and guidance of boxing professionals
- Fun, Energetic, and Great Workout
Registration Fee: $50 per person
- Participants will receive a t-shirt, boxing hand wraps, bottled water, energy bar, and a great workout!
If you have any questions regarding this event, please email Dorcas Schindehette at email@example.com