We’re excited to announce the creation of the TSW Scholarship Fund. This fund seeks to reduce the financial barrier that women in our recovery have in to realizing their academic goals. Through your donation to the Fund, we are able to award our residents with grants to pay for GED, community college, professional certifications, and school supplies. Residents can apply for repeated grants if they meet the following criteria:
- Are a resident of the TSW program for a consecutive 90 days
- Are enrolled in an academically-recognized program and under the supervision of our Vocational Advisor
- Demonstrate financial need
- Will use the funds for tuition or school supplies only
The decision to award a grant is made by our Residence Advisory Team on a quarterly basis. Residents in good academic standing may apply for a grant each quarter for the duration of her academic efforts while in residency.
AT PRESENT WE HAVE TWO RESIDENTS ENROLLED IN COLLEGE AND ONE RESIDENT ABOUT TO TAKE HER COSMETOLOGY LICENSE EXAM!
To donate online to the Scholarship Fund click here:
Consider hosting a fund-raiser to benefit the TSW Scholarship Fund or make the TSW Scholarship Fund a part of your regular giving. Here are some organizations supporting the Scholarship Fund:
- 1 Voice Trekking – http://1voicetrekking.com/60-miles-24-hours-1-voice/