1850–See map showing ownership of the land by James Dorsey: http://www.mdslavery.net/html/mapped_images/bcd1.html
1900–Anna A. Seiling, an immigrant nurse from Prussia, purchased Mount Brandon and established Pine Crest Sanitarium, a private mental health facilities for people with “nervous disorders” or with drug and alcohol habits.
1910–James Whiteley, owner of the Whiteley Tugboat Company
1918–This land becomes annexed by the City and is now a Baltimore City address.
1920’s–The billiard room is added to Ventnor Lodge, behind the kitchen. A marble terrazzo floor flatters the new room.
1924–Hammond Hall is built by Hammond P. Dorsey on a portion of the land given to him by his aunt, Anna Seiling.
1936–Julia Dorsey (first wife of Hammond P. Dorsey) acquires Ventnor Lodge and turns it into a nursing home.
1939–Anna Seiling turns Pine Crest over to her nephew, Hammond P. Dorsey.
1963–Hammond Dorsey marries Eleanor Milicent (“Polly”) Trapnell Hilleary in April and he dies suddenly in June. Pine Crest is closed and the residents are moved into Ventnor Lodge.
1967–Pine Crest Sanitarium and the nearby cottages are set ablaze by vandals and later demolished.
1968–Ventnor Lodge is closed and the garage in the back of the property is leveled.
1976–Mrs. “Polly” Trapnell Hilleary Dorsey marries Stanley Hyde Dosh.
1979–Ventnor Lodge was reopened as a domiciliary care facility
1994–Mrs. “Polly” Trapnell Hilleary Dorsey Dosh had all 23 acres of the land (4 parcels) preserved in perpetuity by the Maryland Environmental Trust in memory of her late husband.
2007–Scott Hilleary dies and the property is bequeathed to his brother.
2007–John Thornton Hilleary sells the four-parcel property to Chapel Grace for the establishment of The Samaritan Women, a nonprofit Christian ministry providing transitional residence and life skills programming for women in recovery.
2007–Ventnor Lodge undergoes significant renovation through the tireless efforts of Christian volunteers.
2009–The Samaritan Women, under the approval of the Maryland Environmental Trust, allocate a portion of the open space land to serve as a Community Garden, to grow fresh produce to support local farmer’s markets, food banks and shelters.